The Lambeth Food Partnership is looking for new members for the body that oversees and steers its work. We are welcoming nominations from anyone with a passion for healthy and sustainable food who lives and/or works in Lambeth. We are particularly interested in people with knowledge of, and expertise in, food business, food procurement or school food. Also, we very much welcome nominations from people from diverse backgrounds.
As an elected board member you will have the opportunity to drive policy and activities that support a vibrant food culture within the borough that focuses on providing healthy and sustainable food to all those who live, work or eat within Lambeth.
About the board
We encourage anyone with a passion for food or local community to stand for election. You do not have to be active within the food sector or community but have a passion for healthy and sustainable food and an interest to learn more.
As an elected board member you will be responsible for voting on how we spend our budgets, where we should focus our work and help decide what can bring the most impact in improving the food system within the borough.
The responsibilities of the board members will include:
- Attend the LFP AGM on the 14th November 2018.
- Attending a minimum of 4 board meetings a year, these typically last 2 hours on a weekday evening.
- Supporting LFP working groups by representing the board and reporting back as these develop to support LFP work streams
- Board members are expected to read papers before each meeting. This can take time and you should expect to commit 1 – 2 hrs to do this.
- The board is responsible for maintaining the vision, mission and values of the organisation.
- It is also responsible for ensuring that the organisation is well run, financially sound and has the correct employment procedures.
- Board members are also responsible for promoting the organisation more widely and supporting the coordinator and other staff in working to achieve the vision.
The Board consists of elected members and a number of non-voting representatives from partner organisations: two officer representatives from Lambeth council representing health and sustainability, one elected councillor, and a representative from Incredible Edible Lambeth. Only elected Board members are entitled to vote on business matters. You must live or work in Lambeth. We must receive your nomination form by 7th November at 5pm. If there are more than 5 people nominated then we will hold an election, all members are entitled to one vote.
We have agreed to focus on the Sustainable Food Cities programme. Lambeth has already achieved the Bronze award and the LFP is aiming for Lambeth to become a Silver Sustainable Food City within the next 3 years, and ultimately a Gold Sustainable Food City.
Currently each of the board members is leading on researching and understanding a particular food issue such as food waste or the local food economy. We are looking for more team members to help with this and would particularly like people from the food business, procurement and school food sectors.
Becoming a Board Member
We encourage anyone with a passion for helping to develop a healthier and more sustainable food system for Lambeth to stand for election. We will also have the option to co-opt people with skills additional to those represented by the Board should the need arise so if you do not feel you can stand, but have skill you would like to share please do get in touch.
How to make a nomination
Please download the nomination form by clicking on the link below. Send a completed version to Seb Mayfield at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Wed 5th November.