Lambeth has already achieved the a Sustainable Food Cities Bronze award, but we are aiming for Gold!
This is the mission of Lambeth Food Partnership. We have identified that we need to work strategically to achieve major change in our food system and recognise that this may take many years.. but it is obvious to us that Lambeth is up for the challenge.
There are six main areas of work and each of our directors is currently leading on researching one of those issue areas. They are:
1. Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
2. Tackling food poverty, diet-related ill-health and access to affordable healthy food
3. Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and projects
4. Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
5. Transforming catering and food procurement
6. Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
To find out more please come to our AGM: Disruptive Food, on 11th October at the Health Foundry. See separate post or just sign up via Eventbrite here: disruptivefood.eventbrite.com