The Lambeth Food Partnership board is made up of up to twelve members. Three posts are filled by Lambeth Council, Lambeth Public Health and Incredible Edible Lambeth. The remaining posts are elected annually or seconded throughout the year as required.
- Councillor Jennifer Brathwaite – London Borough of Lambeth
- Lambeth councillor for Gipsy Hill, South East London, and recently appointed Cabinet member for Environment and Sustainability. I am a solicitor by profession specialising in Leasehold Enfranchisement. As a lawyer I am particularly concerned about the complexity and relative ineffectual landlord and tenant law and a legal system which seems to favour the landlord in its application. As I have been a councillor for four years, I would say that I am fairly new to local government which has been inspiring and frustrating in equal measure. The one thing I would want to achieve as a councillor is encourage our citizens to believe that cooking healthy food from fresh is relatively easy, enjoyable and inexpensive. I am a mother of two and have been married for longer than most offenders spend incarcerated.
- Bimpe Oki / Vida Cunningham – NHS Lambeth Public Health
- Researchers from the public health team produced the evidence report and wrote the food strategy available on the website.
- Ann Bodkin/Victoria Sherwin – Incredible Edible Lambeth Ann Bodkin is a founding director and chair of Incredible Edible Lambeth (IEL) . She has lived in Lambeth for over twenty-five years contributing in numerous community roles, including as a nursery school and children’s centre governor, trustee of the educational charity Roots and Shoots, and lead of local sustainability group e.g. The Onion Shed, developed out of the green community champion programme. In her professional role as an Architect and sustainability specialist in the built environment Ann’s passion is for systems. This is reflected in IEL’s motto ‘If you eat you’re in’ with her belief that we can all be activists in transforming our local food system, by celebrating, supporting and strenghtening community food activity and the connections between local people and local food. www.incredibleediblelambeth.org/
- Coordinator – Sue Sheehan is coordinator of the Lambeth Food Partnership. She is a founding member of Incredible Edible Lambeth and until recently worked for Lambeth Council where she has led on the development of a food strategy. She was part of the project team that recently won funding from the GLA on becoming a Flagship Food Borough. She is well connected with the local food community and has built strong links across the council and NHS.
Elected posts (profiles to be updated shortly)
Clara Widdison (CHAIR)