Sustainable Food Cities Coordinator
Part-time freelance contract: £1,000/month for an average 8 working days per month (equivalent to £32,500 pro rata salary) until September 2019
The Lambeth Food Partnership was founded in 2012 and has been recognised by Lambeth Council as having strategic oversight over the local food system. The Partnership vision is that ‘Everybody in Lambeth can eat well and make food choices that nourish themselves, their community and the environment.’ The Partnership was one of the first partnerships to secure Food Flagship status in London and attained the Sustainable Food Cities Bronze Award in 2015. The Partnership continues to support efforts to improve the local food system with the view to building a Silver Award standard for residents, workers and organisations.
The Partnership offers an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about working to improve the food system. It is seeking a proactive and dynamic individual to develop an action plan for, and capacities of, the Partnership.
The Coordinator will, with support from the Directors of the Lambeth Food Partnership Board, undertake the following activities:
- Complete a collaborative process of contribution from a wide range of partners and stakeholders in designing an action plan based on an updated Sustainable Food Cities Report for Lambeth;
- Work alongside partners to undertake appropriate actions in line with Lambeth’s bid for Sustainable Food Cities silver status;
- Develop a membership strategy;
- Design a communication plan;
- Develop a financial sustainability strategy that looks at the viability of revenue generation through a number of different activities;
- Report regularly to the Lambeth Food Partnership Board of Directors.
- In addition, the Coordinator will plan and co-ordinate Board meetings, administer finances, and support Directors to follow up on wider opportunities.
Expertise and skills
This position is ideal for a professional seeking to increase their experience of local food systems in a diverse and dynamic borough of London. Candidates should meet the following criteria:
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work proactively, independently and flexibly;
- Knowledge of local food systems either through work experience or a higher education degree;
- Excellent communication skills with ability to write and speak English to a high standard;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a range of different groups and people across the Borough of Lambeth;
- Proven ability to organise meetings and carry out administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner;
- Fund-raising experience (preferable).
The Coordinator will be managed and supported by the Lambeth Food Partnership Board of Directors. Regular meetings between the Coordinator and Directors will be organised.
The Coordinator will be home-based but may be expected to travel across the borough as required. Working hours will be part time and will need to have some degree of flexibility to respond to the requirements of the work.
Please apply by sending a short CV to email@example.com and 300 words on the particular expertise that you can bring to this post by 30th March 2018.